Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Best of Trader Joes


 [ I am starting to realize that I have a tendency to share my favorite "hidden gem" life secrets... ]

Here are some of my most incredible food secrets. One, because I love food and two, I believe the best kept secrets must be shared! What is life about if you can't share what you know, ya know?

Here goes nothing....some of my favorites from Traders Joe's and a comment or two about what's to love about each. [ I can't take credit for the images ]


1. Bruschetta

Picture something chunky, bursting with flavor, fresh. You can load this stuff on just about ANYTHING. Scrambled eggs, homemade pizza, sliced bread, dip for bread sticks.... Anything! My mom makes her own home-made pasta sauce with a can of plain tomato sauce [from TJ's], add a jar of this bruschetta.

 




 Fresh Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil.

2. Tempting Trail Mix


 You know when you have to pick out the pieces of trail mix you don't care for? This one is the kind where you want to throw back an entire handful without being picky.


Cashews, Almonds, Peanuts, Dried Cherries, Peanut Butter Chips, Chocolate Chips


3. 100% Cranberry Juice 


Learned about this stuff while my mom and I tried the Fat Flush Diet.  Mix 1oz of this with 7oz of water and you've got a semi-bitter but extremely cleansing & hydrating drink. [Kills cellulite too!

Whenever I feel bloated or am in need of a good flush, I'll grab a bottle and add a splash to my water bottle.


4. Crushers


Something our family discovered for my niece, Macy. I have now turned them onto my boyfriend, who loves this kind of stuff! I prefer the Apple Carrot, its delicious! But they are all fast, easy, clean and cheap! Click Here is a bit more info on them from Traderjoes.com



5. Dark Chocolate Tahitian Vanilla Caramels


There are a few other flavors but this specific one is my FAV. That means I can eat them all, right?



 

         

6. Steelcut Oatmeal


Yes - it exhibits! And it is quick - 3 minutes in the micro and you have an incredibly healthy 'brek'. We like to add dried cranberries at our house, although I'd imagine fresh blueberries would be tasty too!


I personally love it because I can store it in the freezer at work for a quick and easy breakfast each morning.

 

7. Olive Oil & Sea Salt Popcorn


You should just buy 3 bags at a time. I am not exaggerating, either.



3 Ingredients: popcorn, sea salt, olive oil



8.  Dark Chocolate Pretzel Slims


I think I ate an entire bag in one sitting. A great way to kill your sweet tooth without a ton of guilt. SOO, so, so good!





9. 21 Seasoning Salute

A salt-free seasoning that you can put on AN-Y-THING.  You must have this in your cupboard at all times, this is not joke.

 

A smooth blend of onion, black pepper, celery seed, cayenne pepper, parsley, basil, marjoram, bay leaf, oregano, thyme, savory, rosemary, cumin, mustard, coriander, garlic, carrot, orange peel, tomato, lemon juice and lemon oil. 

 

10. Turkey Corn Dogs

 Who doesn't LOVE corn dogs? These ones are all-natural AND Turkey, so less guilt. They are a MUST TRY!! 

 

11. Tarte d'Alsace

  Another easy, crowd-pleasing item. I personally love this for a night in with wine [as an appetizer with friends while watching our favorite shows.]

 

Ham, Caramelized Onions & Gruyere Cheese

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe no ones mentioned TJ's frozen Braised Beef Roast with Demi Glace...so tender and the flavor is outstanding. My hubs & I get two meals from this so economical too. We even braved heating it in the microwave one night...perfection!
    http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1537

    ReplyDelete